Tuesday, October 5, 2010

HW 8- Growing Our Own Food

Growing your own food certainly does make you feel good- until you realize that you completely failed at it like I did. As I taste what little developed sprouts I have I must say I am both bewildered and disappointed. I watered them multiple times every day as I was supposed to, and I DID love them- but they refused to grow more than a tiny bit. Actually chewing them was slightly unpleasant at first because of what little taste they actually have, but as I sit here on the computer chewing on them has become quite soothing, like popcorn. Reflecting on my care for the sprouts, I do have to question myself if I really cared enough. Maybe not. I guess I had taken the "magic of nature's course" for granted and didn't entirely respect the assignment- for that I should be punished (of course I am as I eat these tasteless sesame seeds). If I were to do this again (which I am pretty sure is going to happen) I would try to create a habit (much in the same way as a homework habit) to care for my sprouts specifically and give them their own special attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment